Dr. Shillingford, MD, PA offers gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and lap band surgery to overweight and obese patients in the South Florida area. Whether patients opt for his self-pay package or utilize their bariatric benefits through their personal health insurance, all of Dr. Shillingford’s patients should receive his monthly email newsletter.
In his monthly newsletter, Dr. Shillingford communicates important information his patients should be aware of. This includes:
- Dates, times, and links for his Nutrition Support Group meetings
- Any changes in office hours, closures, or holiday schedules
- Any important updates from his office staff
- Reminders on how to contact staff members
- Nutrition and fitness information for bariatric patients
Communication is key to a healthy relationship. This is true for your relationship with your health care providers also. Dr. Shillingford wants to make sure you are kept up to date with any changes so that if you need him or his staff, you’ll have the most updated information available. Receiving, opening, and reading the newsletters is an integral part of that communication.
If you are a patient of Dr. Shillingford’s, you may not even realize that you are receiving the monthly newsletters. All of Dr. Shillingford’s patients are added to the contact list to receive the newsletter around the time of their surgery. If you primarily use a different email address than the one you listed on your patient forms, you may not be seeing the newsletter. If you are a patient and have not received Dr. Shillingford’s newsletter, you can do three things:
- Open your email account and search for Dr. Shillingford’s name. It is possible the newsletters go into a social, promotional, or spam folder. If so, you can move them into your primary inbox.
- Sign up for the newsletters by clicking this link.
- Or, email email@example.com and ask to be added to the newsletter list. The newsletters are a free service to Dr. Shillingford’s gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and gastric band patients. They can be a welcome reminder that support is only a phone call or mouse click away. If you haven’t opened one of Dr. Shillingford’s newsletters, we encourage you to do so. If you don’t currently receive the newsletter, please sign up to receive it. If you receive the newsletter, but no longer wish to receive it, you can safely unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Dr. Shillingford, MD, PA is a board-certified surgeon specializing in advanced laparoscopic and weight loss surgery. His gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and lap band patients receive exceptional care at Northwestern Medical Center’s Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery in Margate, Florida. Many of Dr. Shillingford’s bariatric surgery patients travel from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and even as far away as Orlando to have their surgery with such a highly recommended bariatric surgeon. With the Covid-19 pandemic reshaping medical services, Dr. Shillingford is offering telehealth appointments for pre- and post- surgical patients. Please call Dr. Shillingford’s Boca Raton office at (561) 483-8840 for the most up-to-date information regarding scheduling your weight loss surgery as schedules are changing according to the revised guidelines at the area hospitals.