- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (2 ½ lb.)
- 1 10 ¾ oz. reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. pureed cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ c. chicken stock
- 1 -.7 oz envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1- 8 oz pkg mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook chicken in batches over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until just browned. Transfer chicken to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add soup, cottage cheese or yogurt, chicken stock, and Italian dressing mix to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Arrange mushrooms over chicken in slow cooker. Spoon soup mixture over mushrooms. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Stir well before serving.
- To make ahead: Prepare recipe as directed. Transfer to a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and let cool completely. Freeze up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours. To reheat, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
The above recipe is offered by Florida Bariatric Surgeon Dr Kahlil Shillingford’s staff. We are happy to answer any questions you may have on bariatric surgery; our office is located in Boca Raton, Florida