In the name of joy-filled holiday weekends and Cajun inspiration board certified bariatric surgeon, Dr. Kahlil Shillingford, shares his recipe for protein packed frittatas. Both shrimp and egg provide a lean protein punch while spices bring in delicious flavor to make your taste buds dance. By inspiring post Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve) patients to try making new dishes at home with simple ingredients, Dr. Kahlil Shillingford, continues to provide patients with the tools to beat obesity. Men and women from cities like Tampa, Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Delray Beach, and Miami have already accomplished amazing results under Dr. Shillingoford’s world-class care. After whipping up a batch of this must-try recipe, let their stories empower you by visiting our Customer Reviews page!
Mini Cajun Shrimp Frittatas
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 Bell Pepper (Red, Green, or Yellow)
- 1 tb Cajun seasoning (salt-free)
- 18 oz pre-cooked mini shrimp (canned is ok, drain first)
- 8 eggs
- Olive oil spray
- 2 12-mini-muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray muffin tins with oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add peppers and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and tender, 10-12 minutes
- Remove from heat and toss with Cajun seasoning, ½ tsp salt, and shrimp; set aside to cool until warm
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and ¼ tsp salt
- Spoon Shrimp mixture into muffin tins and then pour eggs evenly over the top
- Bake until mini frittatas puffed and cooked through, 20-25 minutes
- Transfer to a platter, serve, and enjoy with loved ones!
Dr. Kahlil Shillingford is a board certified surgeon who specializes in bariatric or weight loss surgery including the Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve), Gastric Bypass, and Lap-Band procedures. His patients come from across the state of Florida including, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Miami, and the Tampa Bay. To learn more about Dr. Shillingford’s integrative weight loss surgeries and all-inclusive fees please call his office in Boca Raton, Florida at (561) 483-8840.